Making Money While Making a Difference
How to Profit with a Nonprofit Partner
– Michael L. Ainslie, President & CEO, Sotheby’s Holding
For all the talk of worsening corporate ethics, many companies are improving their social responsibility. Making Money While Making a Difference describes some of these companies, and offers business people a step-by-step way to both increase their contribution to the public good and improve their bottom line.
This clear, engaging guide to profit-nonprofit partnerships covers:
- Choosing a cause
- Choosing a nonprofit partner
- Developing a campaign
- Setting goals
- Getting employees on board
- Budgeting for, publicizing and evaluating the program.
Table of Contents
Part I > Strategic Alliances: Cause-Related Marketing
1. Why Engage in Cause-Related Marketing?
2. Why Engage in Strategic Corporate Citizenship?
3. Do the Right Thing Or Else!
4. The Dangers of Strategic Alliances
Part II > Strategic Alliance Options
5. Cause-Related Marketing
9. Vendor Relationships
10. Employee Volunteering
11. In-Kind Donations
12. Strategic Philanthropy
13. There Are No Rules!
Part III > A Nonprofit Primer
15. Entrepreneurial Nonprofits
16. How to Work with a Nonprofit Partner
Part IV > How to Engage in Successful Strategic Alliances
17. Getting Down to It
18. Setting Goals
19. Picking a Cause
20. Picking a Nonprofit Partner
21. Getting Employees on Board
22. Developing a Campaign
23. One-Shot Campaigns vs. Multi-Layered Ventures
24. Budgeting for a Joint Venture
25. More than Money
26. Telling the Public What You’re Doing
27. Evaluating Your Campaign
28. Putting It All Together: A Hypothetical Campaign